Initially I posted this to the msdn forums, but want to make sure it is tracked as an issue here (see link below to forum).
Trying to add a large project (3000 files) to TFS 2010 RC using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate RC. After the first few items the "Add Progress" dialog appears to be stalled on a file and does not go on to the next file. If I try again it will stall at a different file, but always within the first few files sent.
No TCP data is being sent to the server and eventually Visual Studio shows an error dialog: "The underyling connection was closed. A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server."
Some additional information:
* The problem occurs on a Windows 7 64-bit computer running Visual Studio 2010 RC Ultimate
* Running Team Explorer 2010 RC on a Windows XP x86 system (connecting to the same server setup), the same source control operation succeeds without errors (uploading/adding 3,000+ files).
* Both client test machines (Windows XP x86 and Windows 7 x64) are on the same gigabit switch as the Hyper-V server that has the Win2k8 R2 x64 Guest OS
*A "Get All" from the Windows 7 x64 client appears to be working as the file progress dialog is updating the files retrieved, but it is much slower than the Windows XP client. The Windows XP client finishes an initial get all in < 1 minute, where the Windows 7 x64 client takes over 5 min, at which point I cancelled it.
Windows Server 2008 x64 Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 (Guest OS)
* TFS 2010 RC x64
* SQL Server 2008 standard sp1 x64