I have upgraded a project created in VS2008. I am using an Access MDB backend via DataSets created using the DataSet Designer.
First I open the connection to the database, then I open the project. (I have to do it in this order otherwise just when I need to open the connection to the database I get an ADO.NET unspecified error - thought it would be fixed in VS2010 but still occurs - possibly an XPSP3 ADO error... anyway.. it affects my working in VS2010 but not sure you could reproduce it... I have already commented on another post)
I have been happily editing away ... and had to make a change to several DataSets. I have edited 1 or 2... and now the last one I have made my changes..
I try to compile the project but it tells me I have over 100 errors in my code - after having zero errors.
All 100 errors are in one DataSetDesigner vb file. The code appears to have random underlining all over it... although, in some places, similar items are randomly underlined.
I have tried adding a space, removing the space and saving ... the lines disappear for a moment until the file is saved or re-opened.
I can close the project (+VS) and re-open and all is good again.
This is the second time it has happened, so I thought I would report it. This time round I took screenshots which I shall attach after submission...
DataSet Corrupt 1.png - The cursor is actually flashing at the beginning of the grey part to the right of the closing parenthesis... but there are no spaces between the closing parenthesis and the cursor...
DataSet Corrupt 2.png - random underlining
DataSet Corrupt 3.png - and random errors overflowing the Error Window.