Microsoft.Win32.OpenFileDialog/Microsoft.Win32.SaveFileDialog crash in Aero windows 7 theme - by arkhivania BD

Won't Fix<br /><br />
		Due to several factors the product team decided to focus its efforts on other items.<br /><br />

Opened 8/26/2010 4:47:54 AM

In case of compatibility settings:
"Disable visual themes", "Disable desktop composition" and "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" on windows 7 Aero theme. Application crashed after Microsoft.Win32.OpenFileDialog ShowDialog method.
Posted by Ajit Shekhawat on 2/1/2011 at 7:30 AM
I have developed a Excel vsto application using VS2010 on Windows XP. This document has one windows form hosted as application pane. On XP, object of Microsoft.Win32.SaveFileDialog class was working fine but not showing any dialog box on Windows 7 (x64). Note that I am using Office 2010. Following call kill the whole executing thread and nothing happens on UI. It will not throw any exception too.

Nullable<bool> result = dlg.ShowDialog(); //dlg is object of Microsoft.Win32.SaveFileDialog
Posted by EricBleher on 11/3/2010 at 5:04 AM
from time to time, I got a similar crash of my OpenFileDialog or SaveFileDialog, e.g. in Internet Explorer, or in my .NET application. Difficult to reproduce, because does not appear every time. I have no idea where it comes from, but I have also 'compatibilty settings' (actually Windows Classic theme), so I will activate Aero again hoping it does not appear anymore...
I am using Windows 7 x64 Pro German, as a development environment (Visual Studio 2010, etc). I had uninstalled Office xp and installed AccessEngine x64..
Posted by arkhivania BD on 8/27/2010 at 3:43 AM
I attached file with stack trace PNG image, and dump file too.
Posted by Microsoft on 8/26/2010 at 7:55 PM
Thanks for reporting the issue.
But we were not able to reproduce it with the steps you provided. Could you please provide us with a mini dump file? You can get detailed steps about how to get the dump file at :

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with that information as quickly as possible.

You can upload your dump to the workspace:
Password:zT)h33NV11@0

Please use "FeedbackID-589316" as the file name.

Thanks!