Cannot use code snippet after installed "emacs emulation" - by Wenlong1

Won't Fix<br /><br />
		Due to several factors the product team decided to focus its efforts on other items.<br /><br />

Opened 9/6/2010 2:36:13 AM

Cannot use code snippet after installed "emacs emulation"
Posted by jtlabs on 3/16/2011 at 4:42 PM
Unlike the user below, I'm able to use the "if" snippet, but custom snippets exhibit the same response.

1) Begin typing snippet shortcut
2) Auto-complete pops open and locates the shortcut, press tab to complete
3) The name of the shortcut appears as text
4) Pressing tab again places the text at the beginning of the line

I'm unable to use snippets in this mode. Thank you.
Posted by Microsoft on 2/7/2011 at 2:01 PM
Hi Wenlong1,

Thank you for reporting this issue, with apologies for the delayed response on our side. We were able to reproduce the lack of snippets when using Emacs emulation and have assigned this bug to a developer for further investigation. We haven't identified the root cause or made a fix yet, but we'll post an update here as soon as we have more information to share.

Thanks for using Visual Studio 2010 and sending your feedback!

Brittany Behrens
Program Manager, Visual Studio Editor team
Posted by Wenlong1 on 9/6/2010 at 7:39 PM
Notice that:In the video I just uploaded.
When I write the "fun" function, I'm using the default keyboard. I type 'i' then 'f' then 'tab', the 'if' code snippet executed correctly.
When I write the "fun1" function, I'm using the emacs keyboard. I try to use the 'if' code snippet, the 'if' just goes to the beginning of the line.
Posted by Microsoft on 9/6/2010 at 6:59 PM

Thank you for reporting this issue. In order to research the issue reported, we must first reproduce in our labs. Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided. We tried to repro with the following steps:

1.install emacs emulation" extension.
2.set to emacs option.
3.using some Shortcut Keys.

result:
works well.

Could you please provide us with the following information?

1.What Shortcut Keys you used and reproduced the issue?
2.Or a video can help.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us this information as quickly as possible.

Visual Studio Product Team