Offer the chance to add assemblies references right from within the code editor - by Clarius Consulting

Fixed<br /><br />

Type Suggestion Repros 0
Opened 10/6/2010 8:42:15 AM

When you need to add assemblies references today you've to pay an obligated visit to the "Add Reference" dialog, which forces you to "leave" the code editor and deal with a modal dialog.

It would really improve my productivity if I can add this assembly right within the code editor, with one or two mouse or keyboard clicks (i.e. Ctrl + "." + keydown + enter, pum!, done!). A sample of how this could work:

Posted by juanfbp on 7/2/2013 at 9:35 AM
Though voting is not enabled anymore I'm voting through this comment. Thumbs UP for this feature!
Posted by Vinay Venkataraman on 3/14/2013 at 11:26 AM
I do not usually face this issue. But whenever I do, it does irritate me to leave the development environment and add the missing reference to the project! Shouldn't a tool which is capable of identifying missing "using" clauses also provide an option to add the missing references by couple of clicks and from within the development environment!

I certainly vote for this feature.
Posted by SAIRAMkonuru on 9/2/2012 at 8:45 AM
Yes it is a very useful extension
Posted by Microsoft on 10/11/2010 at 2:44 PM
Please download the (free) Visual Studio Pro Powertools pack. The next version is due to have such a feature.

Thanks
Andrew
Posted by yzorg on 10/9/2010 at 8:45 PM
I also like the Clarius extension feature of adding / removing groups of assemblies via right-click on References node in Solution Explorer. Do that.
Posted by Microsoft on 10/6/2010 at 9:22 AM