Signing Problem: invalid provider type specified. ClickOnce - by ZhongJie Qiu

By Design<br /><br />
		The product team believes this item works according to its intended design.<br /><br />

Opened 1/3/2011 9:31:51 PM

When I using the ClickOnce signing my program, Visual Studio 2010 stopped the publishing and said my cert is invalid provider type specified.
Even when I select the key from stone, VS does not list the cert which I want to.
After selected the cert (pfx file) from harddisk and input the password, Signing section listed my cert details, but publishing step stopped.
Posted by Microsoft on 4/4/2011 at 5:05 PM
Hi Vincent,

Sorry for the late response. The forum post is correct in that ClickOnce signing with CNG keys is not supported. This hasn't been reported as a common scenario (StrongName signing is primarily to be done with StrongName key pairs generated via sn.exe), we do not have plans to address this in a future release.

As you mentioned earlier, you may still use something like SignTool.exe to produce a digital signature with your cert.

Andrew Dai
Microsoft Common Language Runtime
Posted by ZhongJie Qiu on 1/22/2011 at 12:47 AM
Hello, I've got some information from Microsoft Partner forum ( http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdevvs/thread/df516e3f-aaa6-435c-84f5-002e7b896166/ ) about the ClickOnce signing with CNG key which are not supported. Would this problem can be fix soon?
Posted by Microsoft on 1/6/2011 at 12:29 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by ZhongJie Qiu on 1/5/2011 at 6:27 PM
File uploaded again. In both side of your workspace and this post. I do saw the successful message what I last post to the workspace with name FeedbackID-634499.zip.
If these file can not be found again, please download from https://hoho.bz/temp/FeedbackID-634499.zip . Thanks.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/5/2011 at 5:57 PM
There is no attachment file for this feedback. Would you please try to upload it to Workspace?
Posted by ZhongJie Qiu on 1/4/2011 at 3:26 AM
cert without key file attached, please review, thanks.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/4/2011 at 1:09 AM
We haven't received your file. Please zip the file and use "FeedbackID-634499" as prefix of the file name. Please try to upload it again. If it cannot be shown, you can use the following workspace to upload the file:
Password is 9f]XUpR2Vq
Posted by Microsoft on 1/3/2011 at 10:21 PM
Posted by ZhongJie Qiu on 1/3/2011 at 9:34 PM
p.s. this cert with key works under SignTool.exe in my currently system.
Posted by ZhongJie Qiu on 1/3/2011 at 9:33 PM
cert file attached. (private mode)