Cannot install NDP40-KB2468871.exe - by gift_of_seasons

Duplicate<br /><br />
		This item appears to be a duplicate of another existing Connect or internal item.<br /><br />

Opened 3/16/2011 7:47:03 PM

Cannot get NDP40-KB2468871.exe installed.

The reason I run it directly is that it did not install successfully when I install Visual Studio 2010 SP1 final.

I don't know how to get log files. I looked in %TEMP% but only got the decompression log.
Posted by amf714711 on 10/8/2011 at 5:54 AM
I have problems installing the following updates:

KB2468871
KB2518870
KB2533523
KB2539636

My computer is a Dell XPS/M2010
Use Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Park 2

In my case it installed, but when I turn the computer off and appear again. I have tried reinstalling over 20 times. Please give me a solution
Posted by sjrsquared on 4/20/2011 at 8:48 AM
I too cannot get this NDP-40-KB2468871.exe to install. It failed from inside the VS2010 SP1.
I uninstalled .NET 4 framework, reinstalled that then installed NDP-40-KB2468871.exe on its own and it worked.
Then I re-ran the VS2010 Sp1 install and it failed in exactly the same place :-(
Now it will not install on its own again, I get the "KB2468871 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer." message.
Do you have a workarounbd or fix for this yet that works ?
Posted by Microsoft on 3/22/2011 at 11:57 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by gift_of_seasons on 3/22/2011 at 11:38 PM
I have uploaded the log to the workspace, please check.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/22/2011 at 1:17 AM
Hi,

There is not attachment for this feedback. Would you please re-attach it again. You can use the following workspace to upload the file:

Password is 9f]XUpR2Vq

Please zip the file and use "FeedbackID-651898" as prefix of the file name.
Posted by gift_of_seasons on 3/21/2011 at 6:22 PM
I was installing the patch using commandline: NDP40-KB2468871.exe /log c:\temp\t.log because most of SP1 was installed except this patch.

It only gives me a welcome screen that says:

KB2468871 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer.

Attaching the log file.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/17/2011 at 6:29 PM
Thanks for reporting the issue.
In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. We are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided.

It may help if you provide us with:
a setup log file

You can get the log files with the following steps:
1) Download collect.exe from the link below. http://go.microsoft.com/?LinkId=8967043
2) You may choose to save the tool for later use, or to run directly.
3) The utility creates a compressed cabinet of all the VS and .NET logs to %TEMP%\vslogs.cab.

You can get more details about how to get the log files here:

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.
Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team