Provide a way to remove certificates from Windows Phone 7 - by Adam Baxter

Won't Fix<br /><br />
		Due to several factors the product team decided to focus its efforts on other items.<br /><br />

Type Suggestion Repros 0
Opened 7/12/2011 3:43:34 PM

Currently there is no way to remove a certificate from WP7 once installed.
For my application to work I need to install a Thawate cert, however this is not acceptable for the user if it cannot be removed without soft-resetting the phone.
Posted by Lukáš Hladík on 9/3/2014 at 7:57 AM
it is necessary install not just server certificate but also parent certificates
- root certificate
- - trusted certification authority (CA)
- - - server certificate
Posted by ttasci on 9/3/2012 at 2:38 PM
The easiest (maybe the only) way to discard a certificate from windows phone 7 is changing region & language and restarting the device. I experienced the same problem and solved in this way.

Posted by NazirAhmed on 8/24/2012 at 7:49 AM
I need to remove the self-signed certificate, else I cannot use the outlook. Only option left for me is to use another mobile.
Posted by Jochen Schneider on 6/4/2012 at 3:50 AM
Would be useful to be able to remove the certificates used by the Flame malware.
Posted by Line40 Mobile on 1/19/2012 at 2:52 AM
Having the same issue here, I need to replace a certificate to be able to connect to a Lync server.
Posted by jeff priz on 7/20/2011 at 1:47 PM
This also seems to cause major issues for me right now. The client I am working at recently had to modify their certificate, which has rendered me unable to use the Outlook app on my WP7 phone to receive mail from the Exchange server. I now receive a "There is a problem with the cerificate..." error. Removing the Outlook account and re-adding doesn't help. The existing certificate needs to be cleared, so the new one can be used.
Posted by Microsoft on 7/12/2011 at 4:12 PM