Deriving from CMFCHeaderCtrl requires CMFCListCtrl changes - by Les Arnott

Fixed<br /><br />

Opened 8/16/2011 12:02:27 PM
Moderator Decision Sent to Engineering Team for consideration

In order to provide my own CMFCHeaderCtrl derived header in a list control I override CMFCListCtrl ::GetHeaderCtrl() such that all references to the header use my header.  Unfortunately there are 2 functions in CMFCListCtrl that reference the original header by using m_wndHeader directly.  Therefore I also have to override CMFCListCtrl::OnSize and CMFCListCtrl::InitHeader() in order to use GetHeaderCtrl().  This should be done in CMFCListCtrl.

You may wonder why I want to override CMFCHeaderCtrl. It's because the sort arrows are big and ugly. This way I can adjust the arrow rectangle in OnDrawSortArrow but the origianl rectangle still takes too much space away from the header label.  I suggest drawing a neater, smaller sort arrow like the header in Windows 7 task manager.

Posted by Microsoft on 4/29/2014 at 12:23 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue. This issue has been fixed in Visual Studio 2013. You can install a trial version of Visual Studio 2013 with the fix from: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9832436
Posted by JeremyRuth on 2/28/2013 at 5:25 AM
apologies on my previous post. I had meant to post to a different bug. Please disregard. sorry.
Posted by JeremyRuth on 2/28/2013 at 5:21 AM
I understand. Can you verify if this is still an issue in VS2012? I did not see it in the list of MFC bug fixes for VS 2012. I understand the posted list is not the entire list, but it would be nice to know...for me and it should concern your group also. Thanks.
Posted by MS-Moderator10 [Feedback Moderator] on 8/18/2011 at 12:55 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by MS-Moderator01 on 8/16/2011 at 12:42 PM