I have a datadude project (aka Visual Studio Database Project) in which any attempt to carry out a Refactor->Rename operation crashes Visual Studio. The same occurs on a colleague's machine (thus proving that it isn't just a problem with my machine).
Interestingly if I deploy the project to a database, import back into a brand new datadude project, and then attempt a Refactor->Rename everythnig works fine. Unfortunately this is not an option for me because I have a lot of other "stuff" in my project (all of which is valid inside a datadude project) and I also have the history of the project in source control - hence I do not want to start afresh from a brand new project.
I reported this on the datadude forum (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vstsdb/thread/aa222478-40ff-45d6-9d74-04c159e3ceee) where I have been discussing this matter with your MSDN Community Support rep Vicky Song. I emailed a Vicky a copy of the project and her response (as you can see at the link above) was:
"I got your project, and I can reproduce the same issue as you. Just as you described above, when I do the refactor operation, the Visual Studio crashes."
Vicky has attempted to get someone within the project group to look at this but unfortunately (in her own words) "I am not allowed to contact PG members directly".
This seems rather strange to me given that she has proved there is a bug here so instead I am raising the bug in this Connect submission.
I will attach to this Connect submission the same zip file that I emailed to Vicky. Steps to reproduce are below. Note that Connect has a tendancy to lose submission attachments; if this happens email me offline (jamie[at]jamie[DOT]thomson[DOT]net) and I can email the attachment to you.