The program Visual Studio 2010 always crash while add->new item->Crystal Report by solidsphere

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 10/8/2011 7:28:27 AM
Moderator Decision: Sent to Engineering Team for consideration

Hi.
I want to ask about problem I had.
I am using Visual Studio 2010 Version 10.0.30319.1 RTMRel
my Operating System is Windows 7 with 32 bit

and i am starting to develop report using SAP Crystal Report

The step install is

1. I am going to page http://www.businessobjects.com/jump/xi/crvs2010/us2_default.asp
2. i download
a. SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 - Standard
b. SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 - Click Once
c. SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 - Merge Modules
d. SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 (32-bit)
e. SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 (64-bit)
3. then i install
a. SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 - Standard => "CRforVS_13_0_1.EXE"
b. SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 - Click Once => "CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_1.EXE"
c. SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 (32-bit) => "CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_1.EXE"

after i success install those three program
i started to going to Visual Studio 2010. and create project as usually. (I am developing VB.NET project)
this is the step i am add crystal report
1. right click on application -> Properties -> Publish -> Prerequisites. then i check
a. Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)
b. SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4.0
c. Windows Installer 3.1
2. then in "right click on application -> Properties -> Compile -> Advanced Compile Options". i choose Target Framework (all configurations): ".NET Framework 4"
3. after those two settings. i save it using Ctrl+S
4. after that. I right click in application -> Add -> New Item -> Choose Reporting -> Crystal Report

Then my program is showing this message "Microsoft Visual Studio has encountered a problem and needs to close" with 3 options
1. Check online for a solution and restart the program
Fault Module Version:    10.0.30319.1
Fault Module Timestamp:    4ba1fd94
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    0028708d
OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
LCID:    1033

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

=============================================================

Maybe something wrong with the settings.
but i already reinstalling Visual Studio 2010 and SAP Crystal Report many times. and still doesn't got the answer

the right result of this should showing crystal report design. but i never see that screen. it always hang/crash before showing the crystal report design screen

Note: before this, i had Crystal Report 8.5 , but i already uninstall it. and then install SAP Crystal Report

Posted by Microsoft on 10/24/2011 at 1:48 AM
Thanks again for your feedback. We're glad that you have solved this issue yourself. So we will unfortunately have to close this as "Not Repro" since we are not able to observe the same behavior.
If you need further assistance on this or any other issues in the future, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.
Posted by solidsphere on 10/23/2011 at 9:04 PM
i solve it myself. thx. i install again my microsoft windows product.
Posted by Microsoft on 10/18/2011 at 12:48 AM
Hello,

Sorry for bothering. Is there any update?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with that information as quickly as possible. If we do not hear back from you within 7 days, we will close this issue.

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.
Posted by Microsoft on 10/12/2011 at 2:23 AM
Hi solidsphere,

Thank you for quick response.
We have received your attachment. But we cannot still reproduce this issue with the sceenshots you attached. We notice you were running WindowsApplication1 in debugging mode, so the menu is disabled. Could you please try it again according to the instruction in link http://blogs.msdn.com/b/debugger/archive/2009/12/30/what-is-a-dump-and-how-do-i-create-one.aspx?
Posted by solidsphere on 10/12/2011 at 2:09 AM
sorry, i want to send dump file. why i cannot click "upload" button ?
could you check it for me? or could you give me another link upload?
Posted by solidsphere on 10/10/2011 at 10:40 AM
i am attaching attachment twice.
named FeedbackID-693768.rar
have you received it?

i am attaching in this web. but after i wait for one hour.
It is success attach(100% attach). but it only give me two options.
a. attach more files
b. back to the feedback menu
the first attachment , i choose option b. , but when i see it. in my screen doesnt have my attachment
then i do the second attachment, i choose option a , but when i see my screen, still doesn't have my attachment too

my question is . do you receive my attachment? in that attachment is include "the step visual studio crash after add item crystal report"
if you doesn't receive my attachment. could you guide me in other link, so i can attach my file?
oh ya, about your this link you gave me
it doesn't work for *.rar file. i just want to show you instruction step (*.doc) and my project (this is only empty project actually, doesn't have any code, because i just want to show you about error when adding crystal report)

thanks

Posted by MS-Moderator08 [Feedback Moderator] on 10/9/2011 at 10:41 PM

Thanks for reporting the issue.
Could you please provide us with a mini dump file? You can get detailed steps about how to get the dump file at :

You can upload your dump to the workspace:
Password:zDyRp0LOnmJU5

Please use "FeedbackID-693768" as the file name.

Thanks!