Silverlight 4 Tools installer - by Grobian

Not Reproducible<br /><br />

Opened 11/17/2011 2:41:02 PM
Moderator Decision Sent to Engineering Team for consideration

INSTALLER for Silverlight_Tools fails to detect correct pre-requisites, readme link is broken.

I have VS 2010 SP1 installed, the Silverlight components that support docs indicated were installed with SP1 were NOT present.
A reinstall of SP1 from "Programs and Features" did not restore this.

Upon downloading the SilverLight_Tools.exe setup program, it errored saying:
1) Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Web Developer Express 2010 or Visual Phone Developer Express 2010 that matches the language version of Silverlight Tools 4 must be installed before installation of Silverlight Tools can continue.  Silverlight Tools is available in other languages at <url>

I have the English install.
Posted by digitallnet on 6/21/2012 at 9:55 PM
I am getting this error as well in a brand new box. The steps I followed were to install VS 2010, then installed 2010 SP1, then installed 2012 RC and then tried to install SL4 tools. I get the same error as depicted above even though I am on English for everything.
Posted by Ramkumar Perumal on 11/23/2011 at 4:38 PM
I also had the same problem. I installed VS 2010 ultimate, and then SP1. Then when I tried to install the SL tools, i got the error.
Posted by Grobian on 11/18/2011 at 10:30 AM
VSLOGS.Cab attached
Posted by MS-Moderator07 [Feedback Moderator] on 11/17/2011 at 7:22 PM
Thanks for reporting the issue.
In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. We are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided.

It may help if you provide us with:
a setup log file

You can get the log files with the following steps:
1) Download collect.exe from the link below. http://go.microsoft.com/?LinkId=8967043
2) You may choose to save the tool for later use, or to run directly.
3) The utility creates a compressed cabinet of all the VS and .NET logs to %TEMP%\vslogs.cab.

You can get more details about how to get the log files here:

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.
Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team