Would like feedback on a bug that has been closed as Won't Fix - by Jamie Thomson

Duplicate<br /><br />
		This item appears to be a duplicate of another existing Connect or internal item.<br /><br />

Opened 11/18/2011 7:29:58 AM
Moderator Decision Sent to Engineering Team for consideration

Hi,
2 months ago I raised a bug in regard to Visual Studio Database Projects. That bug cna be found here: https://connect.microsoft.com/visualstudio/feedback/details/688259/refactor-rename-in-schema-view-crashes-visual-studio

It has since been closed as "Won't fix" but with no explanation as to why. Please could someone provide me with an explanation because this is very very clearly a bug and requires fixing. I realise that not all bugs can be fixed but I would appreciate an explanation as to why rather than being ignored, I did after all go to some considerable effort to document the bug to the ebst of my ability and also re-submitted an attachment when Connect lost the original (as it often does).

Plesae can you tell me why this blatant bug will not be fixed?

thanks
Jamie
Posted by Jamie Thomson on 3/13/2012 at 11:59 PM
John,
Thank you for the candid response, your apology is accepted.

To be honest, it HAS dissuaded me from giving feedback in the future. I know myself and deep down I know I will probably continue to do so, but I am reaching the point where I'm beginning to wonder whether its worth the hassle (I experience many more disappointments with Connect than just the lack of response here).

Great to know that the issue is fixed in SSDT.

thanks
Jamie
Posted by Microsoft on 3/13/2012 at 4:56 PM
Hi Jamie,

First of all, I apologize for the way this issue was handled. We value the fact that folks like yourself take the time to provide feedback on our products. It is our goal to respond to every feedback we receive via Connect - unfortunately in this instance this slipped through the cracks and we messed up. I'm really sorry about that, I hope this experience has not dissuaded you from providing feedback going forward.

Regarding this particular issue... going forward this functionality will be part of the new SQL Server Development Tools (SSDT) package, a preview of which is available here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/gg427686. We checked into it, and this issue does not appear to repro with the new toolset (that's a good thing).

Regards,
John Stallo
Visual Studio team
Posted by Jamie Thomson on 1/1/2012 at 4:14 AM
Not sure even sure why I'm bothering to ask but..... any reply here?
Posted by MS-Moderator10 [Feedback Moderator] on 11/20/2011 at 10:10 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by MS-Moderator01 on 11/18/2011 at 7:50 AM