silverlight 5 (5.0.61118.0) fails to render on old computers when the EnableGPUAcceleration parameter is set. - by Zverev Eugene

Won't Fix<br /><br />
		Due to several factors the product team decided to focus its efforts on other items.<br /><br />

Opened 12/19/2011 7:32:15 AM
Moderator Decision Sent to Engineering Team for consideration

On computers where the Silverlight 5 (5.0.61118.0) runtime property page shows the "Enable hardware-accelerated playback" disabled due to old hardware (does not support hardware acceleration) the application fails ro render if the html declaration of the silverlight plugin has the EnableGPUAcceleration parameter set to true.

How can I determine which client computer has the ability for hardware acceleration and which does not on server side where I prepare the html? Due to this problem I can not use the EnableGPUAcceleration at all.
Posted by Microsoft on 7/2/2013 at 11:36 AM
Thanks for your feedback!

We have reviewed this issue, and unfortunately are not able to address it in the currently released version of Silverlight.

Thanks,
Silverlight team
Posted by GearWorld on 12/24/2011 at 2:26 AM
Looks like it's a probnlem with IE 9 not really enjoying Silverlight 5. They should make an update to IE 9 as other browser do not have this problem...
Posted by GearWorld on 12/24/2011 at 2:21 AM

I'm having this problem which if I have the enableGPUAcceleration set on the object tag of Silverlight 5, the app shows one time and if I hit F5 it doesn'T show up. Just a white page.

I really tested it many times, removing it and adding it again and it's really reproducible and for your information, it's not because I have a old system or graphics card. I'm really up to date with drivers and believe me I have Hard Acceleration to the max. Geforce GTX 295 with the latest drivers.

Here's a reference where I posted detail on MicrosoftAnswers.com : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_vista/ie-9-white-page-on-bing-search-or-running/c1704cb7-51b8-4b51-b9b9-ba89f638f37d

There's even a video you can watch in one of the reply so you can see it in action when I press F5 or even sometimes I was opening IE 9 and I was getting a page not found but after removing the enableGPUAcceleration, everything works fine.
Posted by Microsoft on 12/20/2011 at 5:45 AM
a test for Zverev
Posted by MS-Moderator10 [Feedback Moderator] on 12/19/2011 at 6:42 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by MS-Moderator01 on 12/19/2011 at 7:42 AM