"Faulting module name: clr.dll" error message when you run a Microsoft .NET Framework 4-based application - by workandparty

Not Reproducible<br /><br />

ID 720374 Comments
Opened 1/23/2012 2:01:55 PM

You can read description here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2640103
I downloaded hotfix, related to this KB from here: http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=2640103&kbln=en-us
Installed it. Duing installation I notified, that this fix related ONLY to .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile. But my application built under .NET Framework 4.0. NOT .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile.
Rebooted system. Rebuilt my application under .NET Framework 4.0 (NOT Client Profile).
Got same error after some work time.

So I think you need to create same fix for .NET Framework 4.0, as you created for .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile. Or suggest other ways to fix this bug.
Posted by Arjun Avalakki on 7/10/2015 at 7:20 AM
Hi,

The below link to download the hotfix (440415_intl_i386_zip.exe) fails and unable to download it. Can you provide me the link where I can download this hotfix?

Regards,
Arjun
Posted by mfwoo on 3/24/2015 at 10:23 PM
Hi Sir,

Can I have the hotfix for this issue ?
It has hit me in my production environment.

Thanks
Posted by Microsoft on 2/14/2012 at 10:05 AM
Hi,
     Thank you for reporting this issue.
     The internal error is pretty general and can be caused by multiple factors. In order to efficiently investigate your issue I would need you to provide us dumps of the crashing process.

Please contact me personally at Mihai dot Stoicescu at Microsoft dot com and I can give you more details on how to collect and transfer crash dumps to us.
     We look forward to hearing from you.

Mihai Stoicescu
CLR DART Team
Posted by MS-Moderator10 [Feedback Moderator] on 1/23/2012 at 11:36 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by MS-Moderator01 on 1/23/2012 at 2:43 PM