Unable to install Silverlight 5 Developer Runtime by patrict

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 1/31/2012 1:07:03 AM
Moderator Decision: Sent to Engineering Team for consideration

Hi,

When I run the installation file for the Silverlight Developer Runtime x64 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=229324), it unpacks the files, then displays the installation splash screen allowing me to click "Install Now". Once I click "Install Now", it pops up a dialogue asking for the location of "silverlight.msi". If I browse to the unpack directory (on my machine its d:\<long alpha numeric string\") I can manually select the "silverlight.msi". When I then click "OK" to continue, I am prompted with the message "The file <silverlight.msi I just selected> is not a valid installation package for the product Microsoft Silverlight. Try to find the installation package 'silverlight.msi' in a folder from which you can install Microsoft Silverlight."
Posted by fahwood_ on 5/23/2013 at 3:45 PM
Silverlight
Posted by Microsoft on 2/9/2012 at 10:52 PM
Thanks again for your feedback.
Based on current status, we'll go ahead and close this Connect issue.Should you find any bugs in the future, please feel free to let us know.
Thank you for using Visual studio Connect site.
Posted by patrict on 2/7/2012 at 12:45 AM
Hi,

I ran out of time so I uninstalled all Silverlight and Silverlight related packages, after which Silverlight 5 installed successfully.

Thank you for your time though.
Posted by Microsoft on 2/7/2012 at 12:38 AM
Hello,

Sorry for bothering. Is there any update?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with that information as quickly as possible.

Thanks you
Posted by MS-Moderator09 [Feedback Moderator] on 1/31/2012 at 10:07 PM
Thanks for reporting the issue.
In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. We are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided.

Could you please upload a setup log file to help us investigate the issue?
You can get the log files with the following steps:
1) Download collect.exe from the link below. http://go.microsoft.com/?LinkId=8967043
2) You may choose to save the tool for later use, or to run directly.
3) The utility creates a compressed cabinet of all the VS and .NET logs to %TEMP%\vslogs.cab.

You can get more details about how to get the log files here:

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.
Posted by MS-Moderator01 on 1/31/2012 at 1:42 AM