EOF() Function goes True Immediately on Reading Last Byte from a File Opened in Binary Mode Rather than Waiting Till First Attempt to Read Beyond End of File - by Jerry Weichbrodt

Fixed<br /><br />

Opened 3/5/2012 5:40:57 AM

I am using Visual Studio Provessional 2010 to write Visual Basic applications.  I have code upgraded, in a couple of steps, from VB6.  I use FileGet to read from a file and use EOF to check whether I've reached the end of data.  EOF goes True when I read the last byte of data from the file.  It should go True the first time I attempt to read beyond the end of the file.
Posted by Microsoft on 4/29/2014 at 12:24 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue. This issue has been fixed in Visual Studio 2013. You can install a trial version of Visual Studio 2013 with the fix from: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9832436
Posted by wangjun9458 on 5/4/2013 at 2:52 AM
Posted by Microsoft on 5/3/2013 at 12:07 PM
Hi Jerry, and thanks for reporting this. The VB team is working on how to make the current situation clearer in our documentation, and the clarification should appear soon.

Thanks again for taking the time to send both the report and the demo that illustrates your point.

Sahnny Johnson
Programming Writer
Visual Studio Languages
Posted by Microsoft on 5/8/2012 at 3:29 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Jerry Weichbrodt on 3/6/2012 at 8:30 AM
I have (I hope) attached a demo solution that will demonstrate the problem. I tried to write it such that it may be placed anywhere on your hard drive and still operate properly. Thanks.--Jerry
Posted by MS-Moderator07 on 3/5/2012 at 9:32 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Could you please give us a demo project to demonstrate this issue so that we can conduct further research?

We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team