Getting Error Loading and Running downloaded code samples - by nsthakur11

Not Reproducible<br /><br />

Opened 3/12/2012 11:58:36 AM
Moderator Decision Sent to Engineering Team for consideration

Hi,
I downloaded Visual Studio 11 code samples from the same Microsoft site from where I downloaded VS11 and whenever I try to load or run those samples I get an error and then the solution disappears
Posted by Stephen McMaster on 7/24/2012 at 6:50 PM
All: I resolved this issue by installing Visual Studio 2012 RC (Ultimate) instead of professional. It seems like the professional edition was looking for the Intellitrace objects, but they were not installed. Installing Ultimate introduced the missing files, and now the debugging works perfectly. I think you need to look at your installers to make sure they are including the correct files for Visual Studio.

Hopefully the release version of Visual Studio 2012 will correct this issue, as I don't want Microsoft chasing round after me asking for more money for Ultimate when I am only using it as a workaround!
Posted by Stephen McMaster on 7/22/2012 at 3:06 PM
Microsoft: I tried disabling Intellitrace, but I get the error message: "An Error Occurred Loading this property page". Is there a command line option to reinstall Intellitrace?
Posted by ComputerWitch on 6/21/2012 at 6:49 AM
I'm having this problem too. I am using window 7, 64-bit. My app is an unmodified WPF project. It will run with "Run without debugging"
Posted by Ted Eiles on 6/6/2012 at 12:49 PM
VS 2012 RC. The workarounds "worked" for me. Windows 7 machine. I did get some errors on install but did not record. My bad.
Posted by Kate [MSFT] on 4/27/2012 at 3:25 PM
Could you please try the following and let me know if this workaround helps?: go to tools->options->IntelliTrace, and uncheck "Enable IntelliTrace"
Posted by Stephen McMaster on 4/12/2012 at 6:43 AM
I have already tried that and it didn't work. Do you have a utility available that will perform an uninstall of the Developer Preview? It had partially uninstalled and then crashed so I no longer have access to the uninstaller.
Posted by Kate [MSFT] on 4/11/2012 at 10:38 AM
Thank you for your feedback. We are still unable to reproduce the problem. However, given the information you provided, we believe this problem occurs because VS11 Developer Preview was not uninstall cleanly.

As a workaround, could you please try repairing Visual Studio and see if that fix the problem?
Posted by Stephen McMaster on 4/6/2012 at 9:09 AM
Hellooooo.... Anyone from Microsoft there?
Posted by Stephen McMaster on 3/19/2012 at 2:43 PM
Microsoft: I have added another workaround. You can start the application *without* debugging, and this will start the web server etc. successfully. Once this has been completed you can then attach to the process from the Debug Menu and debug the application as normal.

So, you can start the Web Server and after you have done this, you can debug the Web Server. The problem we are experiencing is when we want to start the web server *and* debug it using the F5 option. I imagine the issue is caused by the parameters which [F5] sends to the Web Server. If you could help with this it would be greatly appreciated as this seems to be quite a simple issue :)
Posted by Stephen McMaster on 3/19/2012 at 12:02 PM
Hi Yes. I previously had VS 11 Developer Preview installed. It did not cleanly uninstall. I also have VS 2010 installed on the machine. My issue is not necessarily concerned with samples, it is *any* project which I try to debug. Get the same error message. VS 2010 on the same machine can debug correctly, VS 2011 cannot.
Posted by Damian [MSFT] on 3/19/2012 at 10:56 AM
We're unable to reproduce the issue being described. Are you able to provide more information please? E.g. where are you downloading the samples from exactly? Does you machine have Visual Studio 2010 installed also? Was Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview previously installed on the machine?
Posted by Stephen McMaster on 3/15/2012 at 2:35 PM
For reference, the error does not occur when you untick "ASP.NET" under debuggers. So it would seem that the Debugger is having difficulty connecting to the Development Web Server Process.
Posted by Stephen McMaster on 3/15/2012 at 2:02 PM
I get this error too. It is causing me a great deal of difficulty, can you please escalate this.
Posted by MS-Moderator10 [Feedback Moderator] on 3/12/2012 at 11:45 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by MS-Moderator01 on 3/12/2012 at 12:48 PM