Windows Phone dynamic ListView binding works in C# but not VB - by mrcity

Status : 

  Won't Fix<br /><br />
		Due to several factors the product team decided to focus its efforts on other items.<br /><br />
		A more detailed explanation for the resolution of this particular item may have been provided in the comments section.


1
0
Sign in
to vote
ID 735155 Comments
Status Closed Workarounds
Type Bug Repros 0
Opened 4/2/2012 11:00:46 PM
Access Restriction Public
Moderator Decision Sent to Engineering Team for consideration

Description

I'm writing an application that uses a Page to display search results in a ListView.  The results are provided to a new Page through the query string and parsed correctly.  In both languages (Silverlight for Windows Phone / VB and C#), an ObservableCollection of objects corresponding to the results is properly generated and filled with the expected items.

However, when I set the list view's ItemsSource to my ObservableCollection instance, it populates the list in C#, but not in VB.

I'm using Windows Phone SDK 7.1.1 with Visual Studio .NET 2010.  I've tried this many different ways in VB (e.g. with/without getters & setters, setting ItemsSource to nothing first, various XAML syntaxes), and nothing helped.  However, converting from VB to C# did the trick.
Sign in to post a comment.
Posted by MS-Moderator07 [Feedback Moderator] on 4/3/2012 at 1:59 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

We are rerouting this issue to the appropriate group within the Visual Studio Product Team for triage and resolution. These specialized experts will follow-up with your issue.
Posted by MS-Moderator01 on 4/2/2012 at 11:47 PM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(http://support.microsoft.com)