Windows Azure DevFabric - Invalid access to memory location. - by Robotsushi

Status Active Workarounds
Opened 4/13/2012 2:08:55 PM
Moderator Decision Sent to Engineering Team for consideration

While testing windows azure on devfabric i frequently recieve there error: Invalid access to memory location when debugging. The devfabric doesn't restart and I need to close visual studio and shut down the azure emulator. This is happening 8-12 times a day and is severly reducing my productivity when testing azure deployments.

There are many articles, forum questions, and stackoverflow questions on this exact problem. Why microsoft continues to ignore this problem is beyond my understanding.

I know this bug report will fall into a stack of bugs that will never be acknowledged or fixed, but at least the problem is officially documented now.

Now MS can consiously ignore the bug, but do so in an official way.
Posted by sudheerkovalam on 6/6/2012 at 2:57 AM
For me this happens When
I am debugging and I stop the debugging by closing the browser instead of clicking the "stop debug" button.

And yes, only the specified workaround seems to work.

Posted by JLSlawter on 4/20/2012 at 8:31 AM
we are experiencing this bug also...really affecting productivity developing w/Azure
Posted by Microsoft on 4/17/2012 at 11:44 AM
Hello Robotsushi -

Can you share a project that reprodces the problem? A stacktrace or dump file would also be helpful.

Thanks,
The Windows Azure Tools Team
Posted by MS-Moderator07 [Feedback Moderator] on 4/15/2012 at 9:41 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by MS-Moderator01 on 4/13/2012 at 2:51 PM