Azure web role package contains two identical folders and each user binary file is duplicated in the package - by Dmitry Me

Status Active Workarounds
Opened 4/24/2012 6:46:30 AM
Moderator Decision Sent to Engineering Team for consideration

This behavior is observed in Azure Tools and SDK 1.6

I have an ASP.NET MVC3 project that is being used as a web role payload. After I create a service package I get a .cspkg file which I unpack and then unpack the .cssx file and in there I see "approot" folder and "sitesroot" folder and "approot" has exactly the same contents as "sitesroot\0" - the full set of files that are marked to be copied into output reside in both folders. The two folders are bitwise identical. All that stuff is copied into the service package twice. So if I add a one megabyte binary to my role the role get TWO megabytes bigger.
Posted by andrewjknox on 9/2/2014 at 8:39 AM
+1 using v2.4 and this is still an issue...
Posted by James D. Schwarzmeier on 4/22/2013 at 11:30 AM
I'll add my vote for this. Even if IIS requires this when all is said and done, the duplication should be done server-side. It's silly to have to upload so much.
Posted by Jose Antonio Silva on 2/23/2013 at 3:39 PM
I'm using 1.8 version of the tools and this behaviour is still present.
In my case as I'm including 48MB of Speech installers (msi), my CSPKG is already over 100MB!!!
Posted by MS-Moderator08 [Feedback Moderator] on 4/25/2012 at 1:21 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio 11 and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for review. We will contact you if we require any additional information.

Posted by MS-Moderator01 on 4/24/2012 at 7:51 AM