No C++ projects in VS2012 RC Premium - by Martin Radvansky

Duplicate<br /><br />
		This item appears to be a duplicate of another existing Connect or internal item.<br /><br />

Opened 6/1/2012 10:38:10 AM

Hi after launch VS I have got error Can't find localized resources.
The C++ Projects is not in New project menu.
Tools/Options/ProjectAndSolutions/VCDirectories and VCBuils
there are empty pane with error An error occurred loading this page property.

I had bafore installed VS2011 Beta
Posted by Microsoft on 6/11/2012 at 11:39 AM
Okay, I've merged this issue with 745402.

Thanks,
James Johansen
Visual C++ Team
Posted by John S. Peterson on 6/9/2012 at 4:19 AM
Please merge this issue with 745402, it's the same issue.

I have this error too. I used the web installer to upgrade from beta to RC.

(The reason I used the web installer vs_ultimate.exe is because I couldn't find the the ISO VS2012_RC_ULT_ENU.iso because it was not listed at http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/11/en-us/downloads on the release day so I thought there was no ISO.)

Thanks!
Posted by Martin Radvansky on 6/4/2012 at 11:18 PM
Hi,
I had tried several actions.
Uninstall RC, and reinstall it.
Repair it.
None of actions helped.
I got the same error during start VS - Can\t find the localized resources.
But I heve used web installer. So I will try use the full install image for repairing instalation.
I will report result ASAP
Thanks for help
Posted by Silicon Kiwi on 6/4/2012 at 3:08 PM
I had this issue as well, using the web installer which I tried *twice*, both times there was no indication of any problems at all, just an inability to load C++ projects after the install was finished. There also appears to be no way of selecting a repair with the web installer *sigh*. Downloading the ISO and selecting repair did fix the issue. Moral of the story? Don't use the web installer ever. If it has issues it will screw you badly.
Posted by Microsoft on 6/4/2012 at 11:55 AM
Hello,

Can you try repairing your installation of RC and respond with whether or not that fixes this issue?

James Johansen
Visual C++ Team
Posted by Bin [MSFT] on 6/4/2012 at 12:57 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio 11 and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for review. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by MS-Moderator01 on 6/1/2012 at 10:43 AM