No Windows Forms Aplication project template for C++ in VS2012 RC Ultimate - by qPCR4vir

By Design<br /><br />
		The product team believes this item works according to its intended design.<br /><br />

Opened 6/8/2012 5:44:14 AM

With the Betha VC11.0 there was Windows Form App. I updated to 2012RC (only Ultimate has worked) bot now I can not find the template. Windows Form App is the reason I´m using c++ and VSt toghether. The new installation deleted my favorite template from the my "old" VS2011 Betha.
Posted by mwindham on 2/24/2014 at 11:50 AM
I think it is inconsiderate of the customer of Visual Studio in version 11 or later to not provide a template for a Windows Forms application for c++. You once did, you do still for cs, so please just do it for c++ and no excuses for why not.
Posted by JFK0ne on 7/12/2012 at 4:48 PM

Thanks for information.
I dont know its funny to read it or to know it.
Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate doesn't have (support) InteliSense for C++.
Visual C++ Team said: "The good news is that C++/CLI IntelliSense will be in the next version of Visual Studio."

And now Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate got InteliSense for C++ but u can't create a simple Visual C++ Form application. Just "If you have existing C++/CLI Windows Forms applications, you can open them in Visual Studio 2012, modify them, add new forms and other items, build them etc. "

Serious - can't follow the idea and reason for this decision.

U got Visual 2010 with a maybe little problem. Wait for next version. U got Visual 2012. Little problem gone.
For solve a little problem u got a big problem.

I think next version will to solve both problems, with no C++.
This is very disappointing we go backward.

Now i need 2010 to design a form application in c++ and to finish the job u must use 2012.

Posted by Sumit [MSFT] on 6/18/2012 at 1:26 PM
Hi qPCR4vir,

Thanks for taking time to provide feedback to us.

C++/CLI is a great solution for interop, but we do not recommend creating brand new UI applications using C++/CLI.

As you mentioned, maintaining existing C++/CLI Windows Forms applications is fully supported in Visual Studio 2012. If you have existing C++/CLI Windows Forms applications, you can open them in Visual Studio 2012, modify them, add new forms and other items, build them etc.

I would like to get a better understanding of your requirement to create new C++/CLI UI applications. If you like, you can contact me directly at ‘sumit dot kumar at microsoft dot com’.

Sumit Kumar
Visual C++ Team
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 6/10/2012 at 11:37 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 6/8/2012 at 5:49 AM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(