VS 2012 Express - Can't create table relationships - by Coopervegas2

Not Reproducible<br /><br />

ID 751937 Comments
Opened 7/1/2012 1:40:58 PM

I create two tables in the table designer fine.  Google results tell me when I 'OPEN TABLE DEFINITION' by right clicking a table a 'TABLE DESIGNER' menu should appear in my main menu, where I can click 'RELATIONSHIPS' to create the relationship.  This menu does not appear...  I played with the Menu under 'TOOLS->Customize...' and moved TABLE DESIGNER up the list.  Now it does appear in the menu (but all the time)... however it is greyed out all the time.

Very frustrating, this seems to be a bug.. maybe express only bug?
Posted by Eric [MSFT] on 11/19/2013 at 3:43 PM

Could you please confirm that you are happy with Adam resolution, I would like to close this issue. Thank you
Posted by Adam [MSFT] on 1/22/2013 at 12:06 PM

Database tables can be created in Visual Studio 2012 by connecting to a SQL Server database via the Data Connections node in the Server Explorer Window. Opening this window and connecting to a database will allow you to browse your database objects and add a new table. Alternatively, you can use SQL Server Data Tools to browse and edit your tables by using hte SQL Server Object Explorer window. If you are still experiencing issues in VS2012 RTM, please file an additional bug with screenshots and a repro of your issue.

Adam Mahood
Program Manager
SQL Server Database Systems
Posted by Coopervegas2 on 7/6/2012 at 4:50 PM
Hi and thanks for the reply. I am using Win7, VS 2012 RC, and making the tables in VS 2012 RC. I make two tables in VS, then I open one using 'Open Table Definition' where I can add fields to the table. Supposedly I should see a 'TABLE DESIGNER' menu item in the main menu bar when I do this to click on 'Relationships' under that menu item according google results, but I do not see this menu item. When I manually manupule the 'TABLE DESIGNER' menu item under the tools menu to appear in another spot, I do see the menu item at all times, but it is greyed out at all times.
Posted by Janet [MSFT] on 7/6/2012 at 3:30 PM
Will you provide some additional information? Are you creating the table in SQL Server Management Studio or Visual Studio 2012 RC? Can you provide the steps you followed to create the table and possibly provide a screenshot?

Janet Yeilding
janety at microsoft dot com
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 7/1/2012 at 7:29 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 7/1/2012 at 1:53 PM