Could not find ItemTemplate path - by vs2015junkie

Not Reproducible<br /><br />

Opened 8/17/2012 2:52:06 PM

After installing Visual Studio 2012 RTM on top of Visual Studio 2012 RC and creating a new ASP.Net Empty Web Application project, I am unable to add a New Web Form to my project.  When attempting to add a new Web Form, I receive the error message: "Could not find a part of the path ....\\WebForm.vstemplate"
Posted by rtpHarry on 1/9/2013 at 4:52 AM
I have experienced a similar problem adding a class, saying the following error:

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplatesCache\Web\CSharp\1033\\Class.vstemplate'.

I applied the workaround to rename the folder from Class to and noticed that this error only occurs when you try to add a class while the website is currently running. When I stopped the debugger it then went back to looking for the path "....\1033\Class\Class.vstemplate" (

Also for reference I previously had 2012RC installed and now have 2012RTM
Posted by cichanlx on 1/5/2013 at 9:50 PM
Nice job Microsoft. The RC expires in 8 days. Any chance you can fix this before thousands of people suffer the wrath? Oh, wait, you can't reproduce it, so the problem doesn't exist. No real company tells a customer that line of bull.
Posted by Sebigbos on 9/21/2012 at 12:45 PM
Right after installing Visual Studio 2012 RTM on top of Visual Studio 2012 RC one week ago, everything was fine. Yesterday, I updated the help system (using the "Help Content Manager") and also updated VS as recommended by some automatic update wizard.
Concerning the ItemTemplatesCache folder, I see no foldernames ending on .zip, neither under ItemTemplatesCache nor under ItemTemplates (from where the copy will be taken to (re)create ItemTemplatesCache on calling "devenv /installvstemplates" (... I suppose...). Also I stated, that the folder's modification date is exactly the time, when I performed the help system update.

ProjectTemplates are still working fine.
Posted by Microsoft on 8/20/2012 at 4:13 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

We are rerouting this issue to the appropriate group within the Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team for triage and resolution. These specialized experts will follow-up with your issue.
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 8/17/2012 at 3:52 PM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(