.NET Framework v4.5 Changing Layout Of Program by ub3rst4r

as Duplicate Help for as Duplicate

Opened: 8/20/2012 11:31:29 PM

I have a program that I developed in C# and it is currently running on the Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0. I have upgraded to Visual Studio 2012 and that also installed Microsoft .NET Framework v4.5. Before when I had .NET Framework v4.0 installed, this how my program looked:

Now that I upgraded to .NET Framework v4.5, this is how it looks:

Notice the TreeView is now on the right side instead of the left? The 2 controls are each in seperate columns in a table which is in tool strip container. This problem is occurring on the latest/stable version of .NET Framework v4.5 (v4.0.30319.17929 or v4.5.50709 to be exact) which was released on August 15. I would like to know what is causing this and if there's a way to prevent this from happening (besides uninstalling .NET Framework v4.5)? Also, if this program is compiled with v4.0, why is v4.5 causing this problem?
Posted by Microsoft on 10/1/2012 at 3:14 PM
Thank you for your feedback. This is a known issue that will be addressed in an upcoming update to .NET 4.5.

- The Windows Forms Team
Posted by Microsoft on 8/27/2012 at 12:59 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Microsoft on 8/22/2012 at 6:26 PM
Hello again,

Could you please give us a demo project so that we can conduct further research?

We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team
Posted by ub3rst4r on 8/21/2012 at 5:28 PM
The layout is being shown incorrectly in Visual Studio 2012 and when the program is executed in Windows. I am using Windows 7 64-bit and like I said in my post, it is when .NET Framework v4.5 is loaded.
Posted by Microsoft on 8/21/2012 at 2:39 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Could you please tell us that what tool are you using to see the layout of program so that we can conduct further research?

Please submit this information to us within 3 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team