Macro $(ItemPath) sends path to a wrong file - by Andray Siletsky

Fixed<br /><br />

Opened 9/7/2012 4:36:48 PM

when starting External tools:
if the curren active document is not the open project item, the VS sends a path of the last open item of the open project to external tools.
Posted by Deon [MSFT] on 4/29/2014 at 12:32 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue. This issue has been fixed in Visual Studio 2013. You can install a trial version of Visual Studio 2013 with the fix from:
Posted by Carl [MSFT] on 2/6/2013 at 3:28 PM
We unfortunately do not comment on the availability of fixes through Connect. For now, I would suggest to work around the issue if this is blocking you from doing work.

I have reviewed 703446 and will take note as we prioritize this issue in our backlog.

Posted by ptousig on 1/31/2013 at 10:58 AM
Any ETA?

I want to know if I need to invest time in writing some kind of add-in to work around this bug.
It makes VS very hard to use for me. I rely on external tools a lot.

While you're at it, can you fix 703446 as well?
Posted by Carl [MSFT] on 1/13/2013 at 9:20 PM
We are considering a change for this issue for a future release of VIsual Studio. Thanks
Carl Brochu | Visual Studio Platform
Posted by Radhika [MSFT] on 12/18/2012 at 10:33 AM

Thanks for the feedback. This issue is on our backlog and we are investigating it. I will get back to you when we have an update or need help with the investigation.

Radhika Tadinada
Visual Studio Platform
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 9/9/2012 at 9:06 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 9/7/2012 at 4:52 PM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(