The web publishing extension is not installed which is required to publish. You can install it from - by rpansini

Not Reproducible<br /><br />

Opened 10/1/2012 4:33:05 PM

The web publishing extension is not installed which is required to publish.  You can install it from

I installed the Azure SDK and I still get the same message.  I tried installing and uninstalling.  Repairing Visual Studio.  How can I get this to work?
Posted by John Sudds [Microsoft] on 8/18/2014 at 3:28 PM
I have the following error in my ActivityLog.xml file.

<time>2014/08/18 22:25:42.714</time>
    <description>SetSite failed for package [Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.Publish.WebPublishPackage, Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.Publish]</description>
    <errorinfo>Could not load type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.Internal.Contracts.Publish.IVsWebJobPublishService' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.Internal.Contracts, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.</errorinfo>
Posted by Robert McKee on 11/20/2013 at 8:00 AM
Had the same problem in Visual Studio 2013 apparently after installing the Azure SDK 2.2. Running the commands "devenv /updateconfiguration" and "devenv /setup" did resolve the issue.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/4/2013 at 1:12 PM
Hi, just checking in to see if this is still a problem? If not, then I'll be closing this issue next week.
Posted by Bala [MSFT] on 10/11/2012 at 5:38 PM
Hi, sorry to hear that you are running into this issue.

If you run into the problem again, can you try opening a VS 2012 developer command prompt as administrator and run the following commands? "devenv /updateconfiguration" and "devenv /setup".

If we can do a remote session and take a look at your machine, that might probably help as well. If this is possible, please let me know at my email address balach-AT-microsoft-DOT-com and we shall try our best to resolve this issue.

Bala Chirtsabesan.
Visual Web Developer Team

Posted by Microsoft on 10/2/2012 at 8:03 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

We are rerouting this issue to the appropriate group within the Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team for triage and resolution. These specialized experts will follow-up with your issue.
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 10/1/2012 at 4:52 PM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(