Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 never ends with high CPU usage - by Neo the 1

External<br /><br />
		This item may be valid but belongs to an external system out of the direct control of this product team.<br /><br />

Opened 12/4/2012 1:39:16 AM

I'm trying to install the Update 1 package... The setup program has been running for 2 days with very hight CPU usage and it seems it will never end.
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 12/11/2012 at 2:24 AM
Hi Neo,

Thanks for letting me know. According to your comments, it seems that VS 2012 Update 1 has been installed. If my understanding is incorrect, please let me know. Considering current situation, I would like to ask your permission to close this feedback. Should you find any bugs in the future, please feel free to let us know.
Posted by Neo the 1 on 12/10/2012 at 1:26 AM
I have uploaded the file to the workspace.

BTW, I have re-run the setup, and this time I was succesful.
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 12/7/2012 at 1:33 AM
Hi Neo,

Thanks for your quick response. I am sorry that we haven't received your file yet. Please zip the file and use "FeedbackID-773392" as prefix of the file name.

You can use the following workspace to upload the file:
Password is #HaqmwwA{D_M)D

Thank you very much!
Posted by Neo the 1 on 12/5/2012 at 6:43 PM
I uploaded the collected logs files (vsligs.cab) yesteday, but I do not see it in the attachment list. Have you received it yet?
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 12/4/2012 at 6:24 PM
Thanks for reporting the issue.
In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. We are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided.

It may help if you provide us with:
a setup log file

You can get the log files with the following steps:
1) Download collect.exe from the link below. http://go.microsoft.com/?LinkId=8967043
2) You may choose to save the tool for later use, or to run directly.
3) The utility creates a compressed cabinet of all the VS and .NET logs to %TEMP%\vslogs.cab.

You can get more details about how to get the log files here:

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.
Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team