SSDT Custom Test Condition fails to load assembly - by Gregory.Ott1

Fixed<br /><br />

Opened 1/4/2013 7:25:55 AM

The Custom Test Condition is well listed in the Tests Conditions Combobox but when I try to add it in the test, I get a FileNotFoundException which indicates that my custom test condition DLL can not be found.
Posted by Deon [MSFT] on 4/29/2014 at 12:31 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue. This issue has been fixed in Visual Studio 2013. You can install a trial version of Visual Studio 2013 with the fix from:
Posted by Vikrant [MSFT] on 3/5/2013 at 10:55 AM
Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your feedback. We have fixed this issue and it will be part of future releases of SQL Server Data Tools. This issue occurs when the custom test condition assembly in not referenced in the unit test project. Please add the assembly reference manually to resolve this issue.

Vikrant Arora [MSFT]
Posted by Gregory.Ott1 on 3/4/2013 at 2:15 AM
Any progress about this bug?
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 1/21/2013 at 10:28 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Gregory.Ott1 on 1/21/2013 at 12:57 AM
Yes, the dmp is attached to the bug ( Gregory.Ott1 14/01/2013 196,89 MB)
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 1/21/2013 at 12:46 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience, is there any update?
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 1/14/2013 at 12:05 AM
I'm sorry that we didn't received your dump file. Could you please reupload it again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Posted by Gregory.Ott1 on 1/11/2013 at 12:32 AM
I sent you the dmp truth the Workspace. I named the file which is about 200mb (It contains the devenv.dmp).
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 1/11/2013 at 12:11 AM
I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know how things are going on your end. If you could get back to me at your earliest convenience with information I request, we will be able to make headway towards a resolution. I look forward to hearing from you.
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 1/8/2013 at 1:36 AM
Hi Gregory,

Thank you for your quick response. You file is very helpful. Would you please create a dump file of this issue?

1. Start Visual Studio

2. go to Tools | Options | Debugging
- Enable ".NET Framework source stepping"
- Enable "Source Server support"
- Enable "Step over properties and operators (Managed only)"
- Disable "Enable Just My Code"
3. Start another instance of VS in order to repro the issue.
4. In the first instance click Tools | Attach to Process...
5. In the list of processes locate devenv.exe.
6. Click OK and OK to close Select dialog and Attach to Process dialog.
7. Try to reproduce this issue. When you exception happen, go to the first instance of VS, click Debug, save the full dump file.

Please zip the file and upload it to the workspace.

Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 1/8/2013 at 12:57 AM
Hi Gregory,

There is no attachment to this bug. Would you please zip the file and use "FeedbackID-775802" as prefix of the file name.

You can use the following workspace to upload the file:
Password is #HaqmwwA{D_M)D

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team
Posted by Gregory.Ott1 on 1/7/2013 at 2:09 AM
I let you the file ProcessToErrorAndDebug.xps which describes the whole process to the error and my debug session with the Fusion log.
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 1/7/2013 at 1:26 AM
Can you create a screen shot and attach it to the bug? The easiest way to do this is to hit the PrtScn button on the keyboard, paste it into Microsoft Paint and save it as a .PNG file.
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 1/4/2013 at 7:50 AM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(