Please see bug 685675 which is reported fixed. I have Win7 64-bit, VS2010, a fairly fast system (Core i7 2.2GHz, 8GB RAM) and started to update the help library:
- I don't see a way to do partial updates
- 220MBit/sec Ethernet tap to a T1 line
- Current on Windows Update as of 1/9/2013.
- Started an update (212 packages), power failed about 12 hours later and the update was STILL NOT DONE
- Started the update again and it started back at downloading package 1 of 212.
The previous bug was reported as fixed. This is not consistent with my experience. Possible testing error, please see "Steps to reproduce".