Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8 crashes - by ibelchamber

External<br /><br />
		This item may be valid but belongs to an external system out of the direct control of this product team.<br /><br />

Opened 1/11/2013 1:46:57 AM

I have used all the main microsoft tools since VB3. I am now looking at developing a new app in Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8. I have a new Windows 8 laptop and have just installed Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8. I cannot get started is it is always crashing.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/17/2013 at 2:46 AM
Hi ibelchamber, thanks for your response. We'll close this feedback because this issue doesn't occur again. Please recreate a new feedback if it happens next time. Thanks for your time.
Posted by ibelchamber on 1/16/2013 at 4:50 AM
Hi, sorry, I did not see your responses sooner.

It's very strange, I gave up on that day the problem was occurring, and tried again the next day. The problem is no longer happening. I have now tried many sample projects and everything seems to be working fine. It has for the moment completely gone away. If it happens again I will get a dmp file.

Thanks, Ian
Posted by Microsoft on 1/16/2013 at 12:28 AM
Hi ibelchamber, we want to remind you we need a dmp file. Please reply to us in time. Thanks.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/15/2013 at 12:19 AM
If the dmp file is too large to upload, pleae follow this
Please zip the file and use "FeedbackID-776312" as prefix of the file name.
You can use the following workspace to upload the file by IE:
Password: Z1_)G37MTk
Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.
Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team
Posted by Microsoft on 1/15/2013 at 12:18 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting a dmp file. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 1/11/2013 at 1:50 AM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(