quick find disappear when there is no search patern in text - by Aleks K

By Design<br /><br />
		The product team believes this item works according to its intended design.<br /><br />

Opened 1/17/2013 5:37:26 PM

I have quick find dialog open in visual studio with option for all open documents. Also I have few open documents. After few operations with documents I suddenly discover that dialog disappear.
Posted by Murali [MSFT] on 3/8/2013 at 11:21 AM
Thanks Aleks for the feedback. We will definitely consider adding the option for future versions.

Posted by Aleks K on 2/25/2013 at 7:49 AM
This issue create small problem because I have to remember if I selected 1 or more lines in document. I think that dialog should switch automatically to 'selected'. I need to have choice to do it myself. Thank you.
Posted by Murali [MSFT] on 2/25/2013 at 6:47 AM

Thank you for logging this issue. The appearance of the Quick Find control is tied to its scope. For scopes smaller than Current Document, such as Selection, the Quick Find control does not appear on other documents. In your rpero steps, as you have rightly observed, there is an active selection in the file which causes Find to switch its scope automatically, which is a convinience feature. This inturn causes it to not appear on other documents.

To make it appear on all documents, please change the scope to All Open Documents.

Murali Krishna Hosabettu Kamalesha | Program Manager | Visual Studio Professional - Editor team
Posted by Aleks K on 1/26/2013 at 10:33 PM
I attached movie where I shore how search box changes its property. Hope this will help
Posted by Microsoft on 1/25/2013 at 12:29 AM
Hi Aleks, we can't repro your issue. Can you update a simple project and mht file or any other information? Thanks.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/21/2013 at 2:32 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 1/17/2013 at 5:51 PM