Unable to run WebTests in VS 2012 Ultmiate Update 1 - by srpatl

By Design<br /><br />
		The product team believes this item works according to its intended design.<br /><br />

Opened 1/29/2013 1:44:02 PM

We use VS Ultimate for web tests (Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.WebTesting.WebTest) and load tests, but since moving to VS 2012 from VS 2010, the web tests don't seem to run anymore. We used to be able to do ctrl-r ctrl-t to debug specific tests, but that doesn't work anymore. I then found out about the issue with running tests in context, so I just tried running all tests, but that didn't work either. VS2012 is acting like it doesn't see WebTest as real tests anymore.

Even when I try to view the tests in the test explorer, nothing shows up. I know my tests are correct because I can go back in to VS 2010, and everything still works like it should.

As of right now in 2012 I am unable to run any webtests.

I have tried creating brand new solutions in 2012 and I still get the same problem.
Posted by srpatl on 2/6/2013 at 9:30 AM
I played around with this today and found that the right click context menu only works if the file name ends in Coded even if it doesn't contain any tests. Is this correct?
Posted by Chaitanya [MSFT] on 2/5/2013 at 10:59 PM
Hi,
The way webtests are run has changed slightly in VS 2012. The test explorer doesn't run webtests. Instead you can use the LoadTestEditor to select and run multiple webtests as shown in http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rubel/archive/2012/03/17/visual-studio-11-beta-changes-in-web-performance-test-load-test-workflow.aspx .
Besides this you can also run each individual webtest from the webtest editor as given in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/ms182541(v=vs.100).aspx
Can you please try out these two options and let us know if they work for you ?
Thanks,
Chaitanya
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 2/5/2013 at 1:51 AM
Thanks for your update. We are rerouting this issue to the appropriate group within the Visual Studio Product Team for triage and resolution. These specialized experts will follow-up with your issue.
Posted by srpatl on 2/4/2013 at 10:39 AM
Added a zip file that contains a simple example test that I am unable to get to run.
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 1/29/2013 at 9:49 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Could you please give us a demo project to demonstrate this issue so that we can conduct further research?

Please submit this information to us within 4 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team