Lightswich, VS 2012 PRO: add item with same name crash VS - by Ragoran

Fixed<br /><br />

Opened 2/9/2013 9:17:44 AM

I added a new Modal window in an existing form.
By error, I changed the nameif thie new item to the same name as another item. I received an error message saying it is not correct, but then name has been changed.

I now have two items with the same key.

When I then tried to change teh name of either the new item or the existing one,  I received an error message saying "property can' tbe change outside a transaction".

I closed VS and restarted it. Now when I try to change the name, I get a duplicate key error.
If I try to delete one of the item with duplicate key, VS crashes.
Posted by Deon [MSFT] on 4/29/2014 at 12:30 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue. This issue has been fixed in Visual Studio 2013. You can install a trial version of Visual Studio 2013 with the fix from:
Posted by Peter [MSFT] on 5/4/2013 at 2:54 PM
Thanks again for reporting this! We have fixed the issue and is planned to be available in a future release of Visual Studio. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch.

Pete (Lightswitch Test Team)
Posted by RStanton on 3/14/2013 at 6:23 PM
Thank you, we have been able to reproduce the bug and are investigating a fix.
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 2/10/2013 at 11:23 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 2/9/2013 at 9:51 AM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(