VS2012 hangs when right click on Solution Explorer to open context menu - by kzhao

Not Reproducible<br /><br />

Opened 2/14/2013 7:54:04 AM

It happenned recently, when I right click on a project to open the context menu, vs2012 hangs. Sometime it pops up a delay notification window.

Most of my projects in the solution are C#, the project I tried to open the context is a wpf library project.
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 2/22/2013 at 4:51 AM
Thanks for your reply. Based on current status, this bug is not actionable if we do not have any useful information. I would like to ask your permission to close this feedback. Should you find any bugs in the future, please feel free to let us know.
Posted by kzhao on 2/20/2013 at 7:38 AM
The problem hasn't happened again after I killed the VS and deleted .v11.suo file and waited long enough after VS opened the solution.
I will keep on eye on it and create the dump file when it happens again. Thanks.
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 2/19/2013 at 5:56 PM
I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know how things are going on your end. If you could get back to me at your earliest convenience with information I request, we will be able to make headway towards a resolution. I look forward to hearing from you.
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 2/14/2013 at 11:33 PM
Could you please refer to the following steps to collect a dump file?

1. Start Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Feedback Tool

2. Select "Add to an existing feedback"

3. Select type: Hang

4. Record a repro: When the dialog box appears, select the running Visual Studio instance that hanged. VSFT collects a dump file regarding the hang, called MiniDump.zip, and attaches to your bug report.

For more detail, please refer to https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/content/content.aspx?ContentID=26698
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 2/14/2013 at 8:50 AM