Addin hosting WPF user control always has title empty when window is docked - by NaZAf

Opened 2/14/2013 1:45:00 PM

I am trying to create a tool window addin that hosts a WPF user control, but when I dock the tool window the tab title is always empty and I can't change it. Here is how the tool window looks like
Posted by NaZAf on 8/16/2013 at 11:56 AM
Hello Cathy,
I attached a DEMO project that can re-produce the issue. Compile the project and copy the file "AddinDemo - For Testing.addin" to the folder \Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Addins. Make sure you edit the file to point to the full .dll aseembly path in the tag assembly like this

Posted by Cathy [MSFT] on 4/5/2013 at 12:05 PM
Thanks for providing us a sample of your solution. Unfortunately, I am unable to run the Add-In in an Experimental Instance of Visual Studio 2012 (an error pops up and asks me to remove the Add-In). Are you still able to reproduce this issue on your end or have you been able to workaround the issue yet?

Cathy Sullivan
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 2/20/2013 at 3:55 AM
Thanks for your update. We are rerouting this issue to the appropriate group within the Visual Studio Product Team for triage and resolution. These specialized experts will follow-up with your issue.
Posted by NaZAf on 2/15/2013 at 9:36 AM
I added a demo project in Visual Studio 2012.
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 2/14/2013 at 8:47 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Could you please give us a demo project to demonstrate this issue so that we can conduct further research?

Please submit this information to us within 4 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 2/14/2013 at 1:51 PM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(