Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate can't publish web service - by tbziy

Not Reproducible<br /><br />

Opened 2/19/2013 6:29:33 PM

I have installed Windows Azure SDK for .Net(VS2012) 1.8.1 from but I still get an error message when publish:

The web publishing extension is not installed which is required to publish.You can install it from

Posted by tbziy on 3/5/2013 at 5:50 PM
It's OK now.Thanks.
Posted by tbziy on 3/5/2013 at 5:48 PM
Yes,The publishing work fines well now,thanks.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/5/2013 at 11:56 AM
Thanks for the updated info! Sorry to hear that you had to re-isntall things! After you did that, does publishing work fine for you now?
Posted by tbziy on 3/4/2013 at 6:39 PM
Yes ,when I installed VS 2012 Ultimate and Azure SDK, I accepted all the default options and this issue happened for all projects. But I'm sorry that befor I installed Azure SDK ,I deleted files in %systemdrive%\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0 because my %systemdrive% disk was full.Maybe that is the reason. Now I have reinstalled windows8 and VS2012,thanks for your replies.

Posted by Microsoft on 3/4/2013 at 5:13 PM
We're trying to understand the scenario that you're seeing. Can you please answer the following questions so it would help us narrow down the repro?
1) When you installed VS 2012 Ultimate, did you accept all the default options that would install the Web Publish feature?
2) When you installed the Azure SDK from the site that you mentioned, did you also accept all the defaults which would install the update of the Web Publish feature?
3) If you accepted all the defaults in the above questions, does this issue happen for all projects, or only for specific projects?

Thanks very much for your effort and co-operation in investigating this issue!
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 2/20/2013 at 11:13 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 2/19/2013 at 6:53 PM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(