VS doesn't behave correctly when the project properties command-line arguments includes an argument with the greater-than character (>). This behavior is particularly problematic when putting a password in as a command-line argument (a password may have a > character in it).
1. Create a new Console App (VS 2012).
2. Add the following lines to Main:
3. On project properties (Debug tab), set the command-line arguments to:
4. Execute the application (Ctrl+F5). Note that it works (the output is "pass>word").
5. Debug the application (F5). Note that it doesn’t work. Specificially, args is "pass"; the output is redirected to "word".