Work Item Attachment Size Limit in TFS Service 2012 - by Piseth J

By Design<br /><br />
		The product team believes this item works according to its intended design.<br /><br />

Opened 2/26/2013 8:57:23 PM

The default working item size is 4MB, as far I know. What if you are working on the game project which has more than 10MB Resource file? The upload to TFS Service will be failed, because the server rejsct. and there is no way to change this limit.

I hope this limit size will increase more than 10MB, also there should be the feature to change this by myself in my account.
Posted by Piseth J on 2/28/2013 at 4:01 PM
Hi, So what to do with that? What the use of TFS when it's not support the file size more than 4MB? Can't you just access to SOAP and update it on Microsoft Server side?
Posted by Microsoft on 2/28/2013 at 12:54 PM
I've just noticed that you've tried this against, where you won't have a chance to be on the same box.

My earlier comments only apply to on-premises instances of Team Foundation, and not the online service.

These types of modifications are not enabled on TF Service yet, but even when we enable them, you'd need to write a custom tool that connects to the SOAP web service to set the value. You won't be able to do this directly through a browser.

-Hakan Eskici
Team Foundation Server
Posted by Microsoft on 2/28/2013 at 12:51 PM
Hi Piseth,

Direct access to SOAP endpoints through a browser requires you to be on the same machine for security purposes. Can you try this again from the computer where your TFS app tier is?

Assuming that this would address your issue, I'm marking this issue as closed. Feel free to contact me at hakane /at/ microsoft. if you have any questions.

-Hakan Eskici
Team Foundation Server
Posted by Microsoft on 2/27/2013 at 2:04 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 2/26/2013 at 9:50 PM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(