Error occurred during difference operation: Specified method is not supported. - by Craig Martin

Opened 3/6/2013 10:13:33 AM

I'm unable to compare any files in VS 2012 Update 1.  This is really annoying, it seems like such a basic feature and I really depend on it to review changes before checking in.
BTW - great work on TFS 2012!
Posted by Happy Guido on 5/12/2014 at 5:52 AM
This also happened to me when I uninstalled Devart Code Compare. To fix (my issue, same error message), navigate to Tools > Options > Source Control > Visual Studio Team Foundation Server > Configure User Tools > Remove the entries pointing to Devart Code Compare. The uninstall process didn't clean this up...
Posted by ChandraV on 3/15/2013 at 9:20 PM
I too faced the same issue. And I observed that Code Flow VS 2012 extension caused this issue. It is working fine after uninstalling/disabling the Code Flow extension.
Posted by Craig Martin on 3/13/2013 at 1:50 PM
Awesome, that worked! I didn't like that extension anyway.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/13/2013 at 1:32 PM
Turns out that this issue is caused by an internal plugin. Disabling the plugin fixes the issue.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/13/2013 at 2:08 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Craig Martin on 3/11/2013 at 9:06 AM
BTW - I'm on CORP so can use Lync to show you my desktop if you like.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/6/2013 at 10:02 PM
Hi Craig,

Can you create a screen shot and attach it to the bug? The easiest way to do this is to hit the PrtScn button on the keyboard, paste it into Microsoft Paint and save it as a .PNG file.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/6/2013 at 10:50 AM