System.MissingMethodException in Webtest - by Maxtry

Not Reproducible<br /><br />

Opened 3/6/2013 10:49:02 PM

I installed vs2012 ultimate on the OS  win server2008r2 sp1.

I find that once I record a webtest and VS automatically runs into "Promote Dynamic Parameters to Webtest Parameters", the VS will always crashed and ask for "restart" or "debug".

If I click the button "Promote Dynamic Parameters to Webtest Parameters" on webtest tool bar, the same thing will always occur again.

Here is what I got when I click "debug" after crashed.

System.MissingMethodException was unhandled
  HResult=-2146233069
  Message=Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.WebTesting.WebTestResultDetails.GetUnprocessedUpdates(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Modification> ByRef, Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.WebTesting.WebTestStatusMessage ByRef)'.
  Source=System.Windows.Forms
  StackTrace:
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.WebStress.CorrelationProgressForm.ResultChangeProcesingThread()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException:
Posted by Squallgmn2 on 3/27/2013 at 4:56 PM
I am experiencing this same issue but in Visual Studio 2010. I also have Visual Studio 2012 update 2 CTP installed. I have uploaded my dump file using the instructions in this issue.
Posted by Maxtry on 3/18/2013 at 4:11 AM
Hi,
Sorry for my not responding these days. I had got somethine from forum and installed vs2012 update 1.
Then this exception message never shows up again and webtest function seems working well now.
Thank you for your consideration.
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 3/18/2013 at 12:22 AM

Hi, given that we have not heard back from you in these days. We will go ahead and close this Connect Issue. If you get a chance to review and provide the information requested earlier, you can go ahead and reactivate this issue.
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 3/15/2013 at 2:56 AM
I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know how things are going on your end. If you could get back to me at your earliest convenience with information I request, we will be able to make headway towards a resolution. I look forward to hearing from you.
Posted by Helen [MSFT] on 3/11/2013 at 12:05 AM
Thanks for your feedback. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

It may help if you provide us with Bucket ID, a dump file

Bucket ID:
1.    Open Event Viewer
2.    Click on Windows Logs -> Application
3.    Search for a 1001 event that occurred soon after you encountered the crash
4.    The bucket ID should be available in the event details
(there may be multiple 1001 events for any given crash - only one will have the bucket ID)

Can you try to get dumps for devenv process? Try attaching WinDbg or use DebugDiag 1.2 to get a dump for devenv and see what is cauing this issue. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26798

************************************************************
Please zip the file and use "FeedbackID-780883" as prefix of the file name.

************************************************************
You can use the following workspace to upload the file:
Password is WEXBO$l0qc66vw9b

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team