Windows Phone 8 Emulators from Windows Phone 8 SDK are not working on my machine - I keep getting same error over and over again.
I have tried following:
- I have checked if my machine with CheckSLATStatusOfMachine.exe and it reported "You have a SLAT capable machine."
- I have checked if BIOS has virtualization enabled and I have updated BIOS to newest release.
- I repaired VS 2012 installation numerous times and removed/added Hyper-V feature even more times.
- I have added manually Windows Phone Emulator Internal Switch as per official trouble shooting guide.
- I have checked Event Viewer for any errors or warnings during the time I worked with VS 2012 (including trying to run the emulator numerous Times) and it reported 0 occurences.
- To exclude 3rd party drivers interfering I have refreshed the PC and on new instance of Windows 8 I have only VS 2012 installed from desktop apps.
- I have run through Bing and Google and checked all official and some unofficial resolutions and checked them all.
- I have checked Hyper-V manager for any corrupt VMs, but there are none. And none appear in any moment, as if the WP8 VM is not initialized at all.
Yet I still get exactly the same error over and over again. I have a 3,4 GHz Athlon Athlon X4 750K Quad Core procesor and 16GB of RAM. I'm running a x64 Windows 8 Pro on this configuration, it's installed on an SSD drive (it's not running from VHD). VS 2012 is installed on 7200 RPM HD reserved for desktop apps and data.
When I run any WP8 emulator, it kicks in for a second, displays "Invalid query" error message and then VS 2012 displays "Invalid pointer" message.
I'm totally clueless, but I'm starting to think it's a mainboard issue - I have Gigabyte F2A85XM-D3H. BIOS version is dated 2013/01/31.
Please assist, as I believe I have pursued all available options.