Cannot create Team Project - by Alf Nilsson

External<br /><br />
		This item may be valid but belongs to an external system out of the direct control of this product team.<br /><br />

ID 781987 Comments
Opened 3/24/2013 6:46:51 AM

Yesterday, tfs.visualstudio.com seemed to be a bit shaky due to maintenance. When I thought it was up and running again I tried to create a Team Project called "Volunteer" on my repository stockholmpride.visualstudio.com, I received some error messages and thought that I should wait. Now when I try to add it again I receive a message telling me that a Team Project already exists on the server, though I cannot see it in the list of Team Projects on stockholmpride.visualstudio.com. Has something gone wrong while creating the Team Project? Could you please check?
Posted by Microsoft on 6/12/2013 at 2:42 PM
Alf,

Sorry for the long delay here - this was just raised to my attention. You are correct: the "Volunteer" TP might be in a semi-created or semi-deleted state at this point. As such, I'd like you to please re-run the delete command as outlined here: http://aka.ms/DelTFServiceTeamProj. Please remember to include the FORCE switch this time. If that does not work, please email us at TFServiceSupport@microsoft.com referencing this Connect post and we will assist further. We may need to do some work on the back-end to resolve this for you.

--Trevor Hancock
Posted by Microsoft on 4/5/2013 at 2:12 AM
Hi Alf Nilsson, thanks a lot for your response. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Alf Nilsson on 4/3/2013 at 12:00 AM
Hi, I have also tried this on a computer where Visual Studio 2012 is installed and I am getting the same response when I am running "Developer Command Prompt for VS2012".
Posted by Alf Nilsson on 4/2/2013 at 3:29 PM
Hi, I'm sorry for the delay

I've installed Team Explorer 2012 and ran the following in my Visual Studio Command Prompt (2010):

tfsdeleteproject /collection:https://stockholmpride.VisualStudio.com/DefaultCollection Volunteer

This was my response:

Warning: Deleting a team project is an irrecoverable operation. All version control, work item tracking and Team Foundation build data will be destroyed from the system.
The only way to recover this data is by restoring a stored backup of the databases.
Are you sure you want to delete the team project and all of its data (Y/N)?

After pressing "Y" I received:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

To clarify: Unlike the other persons in the forums, I have never tried to delete the Project earlier since I have never seen it in my Projects list. My guess is that since the servers seemed to be a bit shaky at the moment I tried to create them, the Project "Volunteer" might have come to a semi-created or semi-deleted state?

Regards
/Alf
Posted by Microsoft on 4/2/2013 at 3:02 AM
Hello again. We wanted to give you a quick reminder that to efficiently investigate and reproduce your issue, we need you submit the additional information we requested . If we haven't heard back from you with the requested information in the next 3 days, we will go ahead and close the issue.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/28/2013 at 2:36 AM
Hi Alf Nilsson, have you seen the previous response? Please send a response to us if you have seen our response, because we'll close this feedback on a certain time. Thanks a lot.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/25/2013 at 1:05 AM
Hi Alf Nilsson, thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. We have received the same issue before, please refer to http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/774659/create-project-after-delete. And please see http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/TFService/thread/81997146-a64f-43fb-9952-57d71542cd11 to know about how to delete project from TFS.
If you won't resolve this issue, please reply to us as soon as quickly, so that we'll route your issue to development team to investigate it. Thanks.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/24/2013 at 6:54 AM