Schema Compare Options dialog closes when expanding a node on Object Types tab - by Đonny

Status Active Workarounds
Opened 4/25/2013 10:52:35 PM

When I go to Schema Compare Options dialog (of scmp file in database project), goto Object Types tab there and try to expand aither Application-scoped or Non-Application-scoped node the dialog closes giving me no chance to adjust the options.
Posted by rohancragg on 11/13/2014 at 6:46 AM
This just happened to me in VS2013.4 too.
I cleaned / re-built the .dbproj project, closed and re-opened VS and it fixed for me.
Posted by jvrobert on 10/28/2014 at 12:47 AM
Same issue, versions, and solution as Andrzej - resetting VS settings seems to fix it.
Posted by Andrzej Stolarczyk (Andrew) on 10/6/2014 at 6:22 AM
After reseting VS settings it just works fine.
Posted by Andrzej Stolarczyk (Andrew) on 10/3/2014 at 6:25 AM
I have the same issue on VS2013 U3 and SSDT 12.0.40706.0

I noticed that it only happens when I use mouse. I tried to select any option with keyboard and the window didn't close :)
Posted by Justin Adkins on 9/10/2014 at 8:32 AM
It's happened to me in VS2012 Update 4 and VS2013 Update 3.
SQL Server Data Tools Version 12.0.40706.0
Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Designer Version 12.0.2000.8
Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Designer Version 12.0.2344.23
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers Version 12.0.2344.23
Posted by Justin Adkins on 9/10/2014 at 8:29 AM
I've also experienced this same bug. However, it also happens whenever I attempt to 'check' any of the items.
Posted by Patrick [MSFT] on 7/3/2013 at 9:04 AM
Could you try Tools.Import and Export.Reset to reset all your settings? We were unable to repro. Also, there's a June 2013 release of SSDT available that may fix the issue.
Posted by Microsoft on 5/30/2013 at 3:15 PM
Sorry for the delay, Donny. Are you still seeing this issue? If so, could you provide some more details, as we are unable to reproduce the problem? Here are a few questions I have that may help us troubleshoot:

1) What version and sku of VS are you using?
2) Have you installed SSDT separately from the web and if so, which version?
3) Do you know how the .scmp file was created? For example, was it created by a different version of SSDT than the one you are using?
4) If you open that same .scmp file on a different machine, do you see the same behavior?

Posted by Microsoft on 4/28/2013 at 7:38 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 4/25/2013 at 11:50 PM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(