HelpViewer Update Removed All Help Content from Computer - by stuart.rankin

Duplicate<br /><br />
		This item appears to be a duplicate of another existing Connect or internal item.<br /><br />

Opened 6/18/2013 10:23:05 AM

Today (18 June 2013) HelpViewer said there was an update. I (stupidly as it turned out) clicked on update. The update was very fast but afterwards, all of my local help content was gone and I can no longer access online help from HelpViewer.

I've attached a screen shot of HelpViewer. You may note that the Update button appears to be enabled. Nothing happens when I click it, however.

How can I get my local help back again?
Posted by stuart.rankin on 6/19/2013 at 2:58 PM
Thank you very much. I appreciate the response. If I may suggest, perhaps in the next version of Help Viewer a status field can indicate whether there is a remote issue, thus letting users understand something odd is going on rather than just have Help Viewer start acting non-linearly. Thanks!

Posted by Microsoft on 6/19/2013 at 2:53 PM
Greetings stuart.rankin

Thank you for taking the time to let us know the Help book service was down, and your patience while this issue was being addressed. On Monday the online service experienced a disruption which, as you have seen, affected the Help book service. That problem was fixed yesterday morning. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please continue to let us know if you experience any Help viewer issues. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Malcolm Dickson
IDE Program Manager II
Posted by Microsoft on 6/19/2013 at 12:53 AM
Please try this
Posted by Microsoft on 6/18/2013 at 8:28 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation.
Some customers also meet this issue:
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 6/18/2013 at 10:51 AM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(