HTTP_QUERY_FLAG_REQUEST_HEADERS on CHttpFile::QueryInfo() asserts wrongly - by Albert van Peppen

Status Active Workarounds
Opened 6/26/2013 1:44:42 AM

The implementation of HTTP_QUERY_FLAG_REQUEST_HEADERS flag on the method 'BOOL CHttpFile::QueryInfo(DWORD dwInfoLevel, CString& str, LPDWORD lpdwIndex) const'
fails with an assertion in inet.cpp, line 2307 (VC 9.00), line 2321 (VC 11.00) or line 2319 (VC 12.00).

The reason is that the assert checks ASSERT(dwInfoLevel <= HTTP_QUERY_MAX) while HTTP_QUERY_FLAG_REQUEST_HEADERS is much larger than that.

Because it is an assert it only pops up in debug. But is still annoying..

In my application I use the HTTP_QUERY_RAW_HEADERS_CRLF | HTTP_QUERY_FLAG_REQUEST_HEADERS flags to retrieve the request headers.

My working environment is Windows 2008 Server (with service packs), Windows 7 Pro (SP1), Windows 8 Pro.
Development in C++ using both Visual Studio 2008 (All SPs and updates), Visual Studio 2012 (Update 4, RC3) and Visual Studio 2013 RTM.
Posted by Albert van Peppen on 7/3/2014 at 1:20 AM
VS2013 Update 2 still doesn't fix this.

Does anyone monitor this thread or is it put on a dead end trail?
Posted by Albert van Peppen on 4/30/2014 at 1:31 AM
Sorr, I use VS2013 Premium with Update 1; NOT the Ultimate edition :)
Posted by Albert van Peppen on 4/30/2014 at 1:27 AM
Sorry that I didn't update this thread, but I've been developing in VS2013 Ultimate (with Update 1) for a few months now and the problem still exists.
I've understand that there is an Update 2 upcoming for VS2013. I didn't try that so far.

So still no fix; but as mentioned in VS2013 RC the problem was solved but somehow it got back?
Posted by Deon [MSFT] on 4/29/2014 at 12:30 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue. This issue has been fixed in Visual Studio 2013. You can install a trial version of Visual Studio 2013 with the fix from:
Posted by Albert van Peppen on 1/16/2014 at 12:32 AM
Does anybody tracks these items?
It has been quite a while now but it seems that nobody can give me an answer, positive or negative, whether this will be fixed soon?

It only occurres in _DEBUG but nonetheless it is very annoying during my development testing..
Posted by Albert van Peppen on 11/8/2013 at 12:27 AM
Just got the VS2013 RTM installed and to my surprise the ASSERT is back!?
After looking more in inet.cpp I found that an ASSERT is placed where it was removed in the VS2013 RC..

The VS2013 RC worked without a problem but the VS2013 RTM ASSERTs so I think this is a regression of some sort?

Also please consider fixing it in VS2012 Update 4 RTM?

Albert van Peppen
Posted by Albert van Peppen on 9/25/2013 at 9:07 PM
In VS2012 Update 4 RC3 this isn't fixed, possibly you can fix it in the Update 4 RTM?

Albert van Peppen
Posted by Albert van Peppen on 9/13/2013 at 3:56 AM
Hi Pat,

I can confirm that it is fixed in VS2013 / RC
Posted by Microsoft on 7/11/2013 at 2:43 PM
Hello Albert,

Thanks for the report. This invalid assertion has been removed from MFC for Visual Studio 2013 RTM.

Pat Brenner
Visual C++ Libraries Development
Posted by Albert van Peppen on 7/1/2013 at 6:48 AM
Just tested on VS2013 Preview; same issue :)

Best regards,

Albert van Peppen
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 7/1/2013 at 1:41 AM
Thanks for your response.

Posted by Albert van Peppen on 6/26/2013 at 3:05 AM
A demo project is attached now.
It is a solution for VS2008 but can easily be converted to VS2012.

Best regards,

Albert van Peppen
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 6/26/2013 at 2:13 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Could you please give us a demo project to demonstrate this issue so that we can conduct further research?

Please submit this information to us within 4 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 6/26/2013 at 1:50 AM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(