No Intellisense for C# or Visual Basic after restarting an SQL Server Project - by Stephan Weber

Status : 


Sign in
to vote
ID 794208 Comments
Status Closed Workarounds
Type Bug Repros 0
Opened 7/17/2013 12:58:20 AM
Access Restriction Public


With Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 and SQL Server Date Tools June Intellisense doesn´t works in a .Net SQL Server Project after restarting the project.
A Workaround is adding a new .Net Stored Procedure.

With Visual Studio 2013 Preview it works with C# but not for Visual Basic.
Sign in to post a comment.
Posted by Dustin [MSFT] on 8/1/2013 at 9:01 AM

Thanks for contacting us about this issue. So far, I'm unable to reproduce the problem that you described using the attached .vssettins and test projects. Could clarify the repro steps? I tried the steps below:

1. Open Visual Studio 2013 Preview on Windows 8.1 Preview
2. Select Tools -> Import and Export Settings and reset my settings to the General settings.
3. Select Tools -> Import and Export Settings and import the .vssettings file that you provided.
4. Open the C# project and verify that IntelliSense works when typing "x."
5. Open the VB project and verify that IntelliSense works when typing "x."

When following the steps above, everything works as expected. Could you let me know what steps are necessary to properly reproduce the issue?

Kind Regards,
Dustin Campbell
Visual Studio Managed Languages
Posted by Microsoft on 7/29/2013 at 3:19 AM
Thanks for your reply.

We are rerouting this issue to the appropriate group within the Visual Studio Product Team for triage and resolution. These specialized experts will follow-up with your issue.
Posted by Stephan Weber on 7/25/2013 at 6:26 AM
Yes i have.
I also use a new vm with Windows 8.1 and Visula studio 2013 Premium Preview.
As language i use German.
I can reproduce the error with many different PCs with German OS (Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1) and Visual Studio 2012 SP3 and Visual Studio 2013.
Posted by Microsoft on 7/22/2013 at 2:36 AM
Thanks for your response. But we are still unable to reproduce this issue. Do you have tried ti reset the environment settings?

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team
Posted by Stephan Weber on 7/19/2013 at 3:21 PM
I use the General environement.
I add a zip file with the emvironement Settings and an example Project for C# and Visual Basic.
IntelliSense works in StoredProcedure1 for the C# Project but not for then Visual Basic Project.

Temporara adding from a new Visual Basic Stored Procedure enables the IntelliSense.
Posted by Microsoft on 7/18/2013 at 2:10 AM
Thanks for reporting the issue. In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. We are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided.

Please export and reset environment settings file by clicking Tools-> Import and Export Settings, after that, please zip the file and send it to us so that we can conduct further.

Please try this (from a Visual Studio command prompt with devenv in the path):
devenv /resetuserdata

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team
Posted by Microsoft on 7/17/2013 at 1:51 AM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(