Can't make a project from an existing template - by idsl1996

Not Reproducible<br /><br />

Opened 9/16/2013 10:19:14 AM

As I create a poject from a template, I got errors with messages "The operation completed successfully" (don't know why it is called successful) and "Access is denied".
Posted by idsl1996 on 10/1/2013 at 2:23 PM
Dear Pete Steijn,

I created it from "File -> Export Template..." command. The zip file is stored "c:\Users\nam\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\My Exported Templates\" and "c:\Users\nam\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Templates\ProjectTemplates\".

You can find the zip enclosed.

Actually, I have found out that the problem is in my PC, not in visual studio since I installed Visual Studio 2012 and, nevertheless, the exported templates still do not work.

Posted by Microsoft on 9/23/2013 at 4:08 PM

Can you give us more information on how you created this template? Is it a .vstemplate file or a wizard?

If you created the template from the "File -> Export Template..." command can you provide a zip of the project you used to create the template and where on disk you located it?

~Pete Steijn
Visual C++ Team
Posted by idsl1996 on 9/20/2013 at 1:39 PM
Only my templates cannot work.
The other default ones are created successfully.
Posted by Yu [MSFT] on 9/19/2013 at 11:25 PM
Hello again. We wanted to give you a quick reminder that to efficiently investigate and reproduce your issue, we need you submit the additional information we requested.
Posted by Yu [MSFT] on 9/18/2013 at 8:04 PM
Thank you for your feedback.Do you download Nam's template from Visual Studio gallery? Would you please test create other project, such like windows form application, does it create successfully?
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 9/16/2013 at 10:51 AM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(