I am not good in English texting, I apologize in advance.
It seems there are one(or some) incompatibility between Internet Explorer 10 and Microsoft AJAX Server Controls over .NET Framework 4.5.
Unhandled exception at line 885, column 13 in http://localhost:2950/ScriptResource.axd?d=JnUc-DEDOM5KzzVKtsL1tfpm2gWZV_t6iXj83pYkHGARzJmy7CXdl0pZmdE9sRnViPMh4zK5Al3zPP5VNzptaA9WUrXtQEzBihVVecQ4twMCZQGqumTigd7pRlNgb1uzd2BDIKqc4kXlOo8ryrTbrLjdeb5tELjS8oXkvgqZ_v2T2NTPcbG4HOmeks_0sHJg0&t=6119e399
The message received from the server could not be parsed.
This means async PostBacks has been processed as normal PostBack and their response is not MS AJAX friendly.
After more than 6 months of researches, I found that UpdatePanel does not register control as PostBackControl on ScriptManager when Internet Explorer 10 used as client.
Also I found there are two solutions to fix this situation.
1. Using X-UA-Compatible meta tag that set Internet Explorer Document Mode as IE9.
2. Using RegisterPostBackControl method of ScriptManager in PageLoad event for every event raiser controls that exist inside UpdatePanel.
First solution seems be ok but it causes some side effects!
IE 10 specific CSS 3 rules, do not affect on html elements when Document Mode set to IE9.
Second solution is applicable when there are some few event raiser controls inside UpdatePanel.
Because developers should write registration code for each event raiser control, it is not a proper fix method.
I remember, before releasing Internet Explorer 10, there were no errors and problems on Ajaxified Web Applications on IE 6-9.
Please fix this incompatibility problem between "Microsoft AJAX Client Library 4.5" and "Internet Explorer 10+".
I create and attach an application to show this situation.
I am using these tools:
- Windows 8 x64 Enterprise 6.2.9200 + all update packages (from first to Oct 2013)
- Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16721 (10.0.10) + all update packages (from first to Oct 2013)
- Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate + Update 1
- .NET Framework 4.5 + all update packages (from first to Oct 2013)